Diet! Everyone is different! One thing that works for someone may not work for another! Going to be a lil trial and error until you find what foods work for you and get you results you are looking for.
That being said here are some of the “food theories” I have tried (and prefer to stick with):
The Zone Diet (I do not prefer this for me):
I have personal experience with these and live a lifestyle that combines them all. Quick, Late post…more to come!!
SO…I have been very undecided where to take this blog.. my diet is boring (I eat the same thing unless its a cheat meal), my training focuses on me getting better, faster, stronger, and Junebug is Junebug, so I was kinda bored with this…BUT I think I found something that may not be of interest to all, but the followers that review with an open mind and some vulnerability…may learn something about me and themselves.
To start my life has taken a turn that I unfortunately wasn’t expecting and not where I thought I would be at 30..NEWLY SINGLE! YEP! 4 years and 1 dog later I am trying to heal from a broken relationship. So what to do now…blog about becoming whole again (duh, what else) along with other random thoughts ideas I might have.
So cheers to being vulnerable (well not me being vulnerable really, but more about my God and what keeps me going)
Some of the things that kept me feeling blessed today:
1. My Church…Vineyard Church of New Orleans
2. Jets win over the Bucs (thats my brother in the photo..First game ball of his professional career) and the points the Defense gave my fantasy team!
3. June sleeping through most of the games so I could keep up with my fantasy league
3. Scripture: Jeremiah 31:25
I came across this article and since we are spending alot of time doing RDLs on Mondays, thought some of you maybe interested.
TODAY I AM PUMPED! and my shoulders are SWOLL!
Today, I had to find my 1RM for weighted strict pull up..and boy was I pumped! I’ve known this was a weak area for me, but back in April when I started the ‘SHE’ program from OPTexperience.com it was confirmed. On 4/22, I was to complete 1RM for weighted strict pull up…I was able to reach a whopping 17# (in addition to my body weight). Today, I completed again and was able to get to 35# (in addition to my body weight). CONSISTENT hard work and LOYALTY to the program paid off. Thanks OPT!
If you are friends with me on facebook you know that that pretzel bacon cheeseburger (yes, from Wendy’s) has been stalking me…so I did it. I worked my butt off and rewarded myself and my body! I found this article that can give some insight on why a cheat meal can be beneficial.
Cheating to Leanness
So I have promised many people that I would post what I am eating to give you guys some ideas… Its pretty boring. I generally eat the same things each week, but I will try to give you guys my staples and then add recipes as I make them.
I usually do my cooking on Sunday or Monday and try to cook for most of the week…
Some of my favorite recipes:
Meat Sauce from Paleomg.com
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 30 mins
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 pound bulk pork mild italian sausage
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 (14 ounce ) cans of tomato sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons fat of choice (I used bacon fat)
- Heat up a large saucepan over medium heat, add a couple tablespoons of fat of choice then add minced garlic cloves, the bell peppers and onion along with a little salt and pepper to the pan.
- Move vegetables around until onions become translucent.
- Add ground chicken and bulk italian sausage to the saucepan and break up the meat.
- When meat has begun to cook through, add the spices.
- When meat is almost done cooking, pour in the two cans of tomato sauce.
- Salt and pepper once more, then reduce heat and let simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- When all the flavors are well mixed, add the chopped fresh basil, mix well, and serve!
- Easy peasy! Put on mushrooms, brussel sprouts, spaghetti squash, eggs, acorn squash, really anything you want. Or eat it cold. It’s pretty damn good cold.
I put this on Roasted Brussell Sprouts and LOVE IT!! NOT ON PASTA…
Also here’s Fajita Seasoning that I put on everything:
1 TBSP Chili powder
1 1/2 tsp cumin
1tsp black pepper
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
Its delish on chicken and beef strips!!!
I also love to snack on (after a workout) a combination of Greek yogurt, peanut butter, and protein powder) I generally use a scoop of peanut butter and 1/2 a scoop of protein powder. Mix well…YUMMY!! This is a go to snack for me in the early evening if I have already worked out (I cant eat PB or greek yogurt before I work out) so small doses after are delicious.
More to come…lil baby Junebug is eating my chair..
This is generally what my refrigerator looks like on Sunday AM…after depleting it of the weeks yummy food!
This is what my refrigerator generally looks like after a grocery run on Sunday evening…ready to cook for the week!!